The Banner

 

Banner.jpg

The Lodge banner was dedicated at the third regular meeting on the 14th October 1949 by the R W Bro. The Earl of Dartmouth, G.C.V.O., Provincial Grand Master, who urged the brethren to let it always be an inspiration to uphold and maintain the great principles of Freemasonry. He also thanked Bro. Andrew Lees for having donated the banner.

The banner incorporates the coat of arms of the former County Borough of West Bromwich. These were granted on 16th October 1882 and are described thus:‑

Azure, a stag's head caboshed argent between three fers-de-moline or; a bordure of the second charged with four mullets and as many fleurs-de-lys alternately of the first.

Note: The Fers-de-moline represent the local iron and brass foundries and industrial activity generally. The body of the stag is scattered with mullets and fleurs-de-lys, blue on silver, where they appear in bordure in token of Sandwell Hall.

 

countercountercountercountercountercounter